San Francisco’s famous Haight Ashbury neighborhood is most well-known for its hippie days, the 1967 Summer of Love and its wild musical history. This time we'll take you on a trip worth remembering through this innovative and nostalgic culinary scene on this Haight Ashbury food tour. You'll have the unique opportunity to explore Second Act's hidden garden where one of America's top cocktail bars sources its cocktail ingredients, to sample Russian piroshkis, and to finish with an exclusive dessert drink made by San Francisco's only soda jerks at an authentic soda fountain. What a delicious way to be a culinary insider!
2 hours 4 stops $72+ each
This is tour that runs as a one-time event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested or check back on our calendar for next available dates.
Go behind the scenes into Second Act’s private garden where Alembic sources herbs for it’s experimental cocktails and then taste innovative duck bao bar bite from Chef Ted Fleury inside Food & Wine Magazine’s #1 best craft cocktail bar and gastropub (Alembic)
Taste off-menu Triple B tacos from one of San Francisco’s best loved food trucks, Bacon Bacon now turned brick-and-mortar (Bacon Bacon)
Watch a demo of how a piroshki is made and then bite into a traditional piroshki from the Second Act Marketplace’s gem (Anda Piroshki)
Sip on a Housemade Root Beer Ice Cream Float at New York Times acclaimed 1930’s Ice Cream soda fountain featuring over 75 tinctures (The Ice Cream Bar)
3 Drink Alcohol Pairing Upgrade [$18 per person]
Sip on the not-to-miss Southern Exposure cocktail from Alembic’s incredible bar program which was created by original bar manager Daniel Hyatt and has been on the menu since day one (Alembic)
Taste local Magnolia Brewery’s well-known Kolsch Beer to be wonderfully paired with your piroshki – light and refreshing! (Anda Piroshki)
Take the soda fountain to the next level with a Guinness Beer and Honey Ice Cream Float from innovative bartender, Russell Davis who was on TV’s Bar Rescue and winner of numerous cocktail awards (The Ice Cream Bar)
* Stops and tastings are subject to change based on availability. While we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can only accommodate vegetarians, pescatarians, gluten-free or pregnant guests. We unfortunately cannot accommodate any other dietary restrictions, allergies or food preferences at this time, as there simply isn’t always a “next-best” option.Please note that this tour may include dairy, and pork.
- Meet chefs, bar managers, and industry experts and chat with them!
- Tour and exclusive menu items developed in conjunction with one of San Francisco’s top food writers, Virginia Miller of The Perfect Spot and SF Editor of Zagat
- Available Sundays 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $18 per person for 2 tasting drinks
- Flat route with one slight hills, approximately 1 mile
- Begins in Second Act Marketplace’s Garden (20 minutes from Downtown San Francisco)
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Advance Tickets are required
Haight Ashbury Food Tour Restaurant Partners
Why Avital Tours?
Wondering what makes the Avital San Francisco Haight Ashbury Food Tour different from all other tours? Check out our About Us page for the answer!