You’re Making The
Butterfly Pea Sour
Let’s Prepare for Your
Virtual Conference Happy Hour
Welcome! We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your PASCV Cocktail Experience on Thursday, May 6th at 2PM PT / 5PM ET by following the steps below. If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
Step 1. Meet Your Mixologist: MIMI BURNHAM
Mimi enjoys creating seasonally-fresh classic cocktails for discerning drinkers in New York City, from fine dining in North East Queens to Manhattan nightclubs. She’s an active member of the U.S. Bartenders Guild, is Master Certified in 16+ spirits, and was the featured Mixologist at the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival. Mimi has been integral in the opening of many notorious bar openings and has taken home countless awards. Her original cocktails have been featured in high-profile publications, including the New York Times and “New York Cocktails” by Amanda Schuster.
- THRILLIST’S 14 FEMALE BARTENDERS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- TALES OF THE COCKTAIL PRESENTOR: “LETTERS TO A YOUNG BARTENDER” SEMINAR
- LUNAZUL TEQUILA: “FLY ME TO THE MOON” NATIONAL COCKTAIL COMPETITION GRAND CHAMPION
- CAMPARI WILD TURKEY: “BEHIND THE BARREL” INAUGURAL ALUMUNA
Step 2. Prepare Your Tools
- Cocktail Shaker: Or you can use a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid
- Measurement Tools: A jigger, shot glass, or tablespoon (2 tbsps = 1 oz)
- Knife & Cutting Board: To cut your citrus
- 2 Glasses: We recommend 2 Rocks Glasses for these cocktails, but feel free to use your favorite glassware
- Julep Strainer (Optional): Or you can use a fine-mesh strainer or colander
- Citrus Juicer (Optional)
Step 3. Prepare Your Ingredients
During the experience, we’ll be making two cocktails: A vibrant Butterfly Pea Sour and a tasty eggwhite variation! Please prepare the following ingredients and your mixologist will teach you how to transform them into absolutely delicious drinks!
- 4 oz Tequila: If you don’t have tequila, you can also use another spirit, such as vodka, gin, mezcal, whiskey, or rum
- 2 oz Lime Juice: Or lemon juice. You’ll need 1 oz of juice per drink, which is about 1 whole juiced lemon
- 1.5 oz Butterfly Pea Syrup: Recipe below, or feel free to use simple syrup, agave, sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- 1 Egg White: Highly recommended! We’ll use it for a fun cocktail variation
- 4 Cups Ice
- Blueberries: Optional, for a fun garnish
Butterfly Pea Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Butterfly Pea Leaves
Bring water to boil. Submerge 1 tablespoon of butterfly tea leaves and turn off heat. Allow to steep for 5 mins. Strain leaves from tea. Mix in 1 cup of sugar. Stir until sugar is integrated. Cool before using.
Step 4. Prepare Your Platform
Please ENsure you have the correct VIDeO platform, SUCH AS ZOOM, downloaded for your event.
For a more interactive event, we encourage all guests to turn their video on during the experience.
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. In the meantime, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPs or bar games.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
Amplify your experience with these extracurricular activities!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable Zoom background.
Make a pregame cocktail – A light refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.
See what your virtual happy hour cocktail says about you!
One last thing!
Kickstart your cocktail fun with the Avital: Cocktail Guide. Featuring recipes, history, trivia, glassware highlights, and more.