YOU’RE MAKING THE
WELCOME TO YOUR
VIRTUAL MIXOLOGIST EXPERIENCE
We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your Incapital Custom Cocktail Experience on Wednesday, March 10th at 5PM ET by following the steps below.
If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
Step 1. MEET YOUR MIXOLOGIST, LUIS RAMOS
Originally from Puerto Rico, Luis moved to the US mainland in 2001, eventually making his way to San Francisco. He started engineering school and worked as a bar back at Absinthe and Foreign Cinema. He quickly discovered his passion for mixology and began working his way up in the industry. He always makes a point to say ‘my pleasure’ and that ethos has set the tone for his career with a continual pursuit to make customers happier. Luis has been involved in numerous competitions and has received national recognition.
- NATIONAL FINALIST 2018 BACARDI LEGACY COMPETITION
- 2020 DENIZEN RUM COCKTAIL SERIES CONTRIBUTOR
- 2016 AVUA CACHACA NATIONAL FINALIST
- BAR MANAGER AT THE TREASURY
Step 2. PREPARE YOUR TOOLS
- Cocktail Shaker: Or you can use a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid
- Measurement Tools: A jigger, shot glass, or tablespoon (2 tbsps = 1 oz)
- Knife & Cutting Board: To cut your citrus
- Peeler: For garnish. You can also use a sharp paring knife.
- Glassware: We’ll be making two cocktails so you’ll need two glasses!
- Citrus Juicer: Optional
Step 3. PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS
During the experience, we’ll focus on flavor balance and mixology skills using the simple ingredients you provide. If you don’t have the exact ingredients for the recipe, don’t worry! We’ve listed alternatives and your mixologist will teach you how to transform them into an absolutely delicious drink!
- 2 oz / 4 tbsp Tequila: Alternatives are vodka, gin, tequila, mezcal, whiskey, or rum. Whatever you have on hand!
- 1 oz / 2 tbsp Lime Juice: Alternatives are lemon juice or grapefruit juice
- 1 oz / 2 tbsp Simple Syrup: Simple Syrup recipe here. Or you can use agave, sugar, honey, or even maple syrup
- 1 Whole Orange
- 4 Cups Ice: At least 2 cups per cocktail (we’ll be making two!)
- 1 Egg White: Highly recommended! We’ll use it for a fun cocktail variation
Don’t drink alcohol? No problem. Swap out the liquor with ginger beer or tonic water.
STEP 3. PREPARE YOUR PLATFORM
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT VIDEO PLATFORM, SUCH AS ZOOM, DOWNLOADED FOR YOUR EVENT.
For a more interactive event, we encourage all guests to turn their video on during the experience.
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. IN THE MEANTIME, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPS OR BAR GAMES.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
Amplify your experience with these extracurricular activities!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable virtual background.
Make a pregame cocktail – A light refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.
One last thing!
Kickstart your cocktail fun with the Avital: Cocktail Guide. Featuring recipes, history, trivia, glassware highlights, and more.