Let’s Get Shaking!
WELCOME TO YOUR
VIRTUAL MIXOLOGIST EXPERIENCE
We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your Google Exchange Team Cocktail Experience on Thursday, November 12th at 2PM PT / 5PM ET by following the steps below.
If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
Step 1. MEET YOUR MIXOLOGIST, DUGGAN MCDONNELL
A creative force within the Wine & Spirits Industry, McDonnell is a Mixologist, Entrepreneur, Thought Leader, and Community Organizer. He conceived and operated Cantina, San Francisco, the pioneer cocktail saloon dedicated to Artisanal Spirits and California Cocktails. He also co-founded Campo de Encanto Pisco and is a Lecturer at the Culinary Institute of America. McDonnell holds a Master of Fine Arts in Writing and has studied wine with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- NAMED LEADER OF THE AMERICAN COCKTAIL REVOLUTION BY FOOD & WINE MAGAZINE
- TWICE NOMINATED AS BEST MIXOLOGIST OF THE YEAR AT TALES OF THE COCKTAIL
- AUTHOR OF DRINKING THE DEVILS ACRE
Step 2. PREPARE YOUR TOOLS
- Cocktail Shaker – If you do not have a shaker, then a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid will work!
- Measurement Tools – A jigger or shot glass but you can also use a tablespoon (2 tablespoons = 1oz)
- Your Favorite Glassware – This could be an elegant martini glass, a sturdy tumbler, or a mug from your grandma
- (Optional) Citrus Juicer
- (Optional) Hawthorne Strainer – You could also use a fine-mesh strainer, cheesecloth, or colander in a pinch
Step 3. PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS
If they haven’t already, your ingredients will arrive soon from Cocktail Courier.
When they do, please refrigerate your lemons right away. In addition to the ingredients in your delivery, please also prepare:
- Ice – At least 2 cups per cocktail
- Egg White – Highly recommended! We’ll use it for a fun cocktail variation
FOR THOSE GUESTS PROVIDING THEIR OWN INGREDIENTS, HERE IS THE PREPARATION LIST:
- 2 oz tequila
- 0.75 oz lemon juice
- 0.5 oz cinnamon syrup (recipe below)
- 0.5 oz pear puree (recipe below)
- Garnish: dehydrated lime wheel, ground cinnamon
Don’t drink alcohol? No problem. Swap out the liquor with ginger beer or tonic water (not included in the ingredient delivery).
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add sugar and stir until it has dissolved completely. Reduce the heat, add the cinnamon sticks and cover the pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Allow it to cool and steep for at least 1 hour.
2 cups pear chunks, seeds removed
Put pear chunks in a blender and mash with a wooden spoon to release some of the juice. Puree until smooth. You will have about 1 1/4 cups.
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. IN THE MEANTIME, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPS OR BAR GAMES.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
Amplify your experience with these extracurricular activities!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable virtual background.
Make a pregame cocktail – A light refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.
One last thing!
Kickstart your cocktail fun with the Avital Cocktail Guide. Featuring recipes, history, trivia, glassware highlights, and more.