Let’s Get Shaking!
WELCOME TO YOUR
DISCOVER MIXOLOGY EXPERIENCE
We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your PMA Discover Mixology: Fresh Berry Margarita experience on July 23 at 4pm PT / 7pm ET by following the steps below. If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
1. MEET YOUR MIXOLOGIST
A creative force within the Wine & Spirits Industry, McDonnell is a Mixologist, Entrepreneur, Thought Leader, and Community Organizer. He conceived and operated Cantina, San Francisco, the pioneer cocktail saloon dedicated to Artisanal Spirits and California Cocktails. He also co-founded Campo de Encanto Pisco and is a Lecturer at the Culinary Institute of America. McDonnell holds a Master of Fine Arts in Writing and has studied wine with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Named Leader of the American Cocktail Revolution by Food & Wine Magazine
- Twice Nominated as Best Mixologist of the Year at Tales of the Cocktail
- Author of Drinking the Devils Acre
2. PREPARE YOUR TOOLS
- Cocktail Shaker: If you do not have a shaker, then a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid will work!
- Measurement Tools: A jigger or shot glass but you can also use a tablespoon (2 tablespoons = 1oz)
- Citrus Juicer: Optional
- Peeler: For garnish! A knife works great too
- Your Favorite Glassware: This could be an elegant martini glass, a sturdy tumbler, or a mug from your grandma
3. Gather Ingredients for Your PMA Fresh Berry Margarita
- Tequila: 2oz per drink. If you don’t have tequila onhand, another spirit, like vodka, gin, whiskey, or rum can work
- Lime Juice: Best to have 1oz of juice per drink ready, which is the equivalent of about 1 whole juiced lime
- Simple Syrup: This video shows you how to make your own
- Muddled Blackberries and Raspberries
- Egg: With the white separated from the yolk
- Ice: At least 2 cups per cocktail
- Coarse Salt: For the rim
- Bitters: Peychauds, Angostura, and more
- Carbonated Beverage: If you don’t want to drink alcohol, tonic water, soda water, or ginger beer work well here
- Garnish: Orange, herbs, edible flower, tiki umbrella!
4. DOWNLOAD ZOOM
Please download the Zoom app on your desktop (not your phone). This will ensure a quality experience for you!
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. In the meantime, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPs or bar games.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
Amplify your experience with these extracurricular activities!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable Zoom background.
Make a pregame cocktail – A light refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.
Or practice these seriously cool bar tricks!