Let’s Get Shaking!
WELCOME TO YOUR
VIRTUAL MIXOLOGIST EXPERIENCE
We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your Tree Pose Temperance Cocktail experience by following the steps below. If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
1. PREPARE YOUR TOOLS
- Cocktail Shaker – If you do not have a shaker, then a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid will work!
- Measurement Tools – A jigger or shot glass but you can also use a tablespoon (2 tablespoons = 1oz)
- Citrus Juicer – Optional
- Your Favorite Glassware – This could be an elegant martini glass, a sturdy tumbler, or a mug from your grandma
2. PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS
If they haven’t already, your ingredients will arrive soon from Cocktail Courier. When they do, please refrigerate your limes right away. In addition to the ingredients in your delivery, please also prepare:
- Ice – At least 2 cups per cocktail
- Egg White – Highly recommended! We’ll use it for a fun cocktail variation
For those who did not opt for ingredient delivery, here’s the list of ingredients to prep.
- 0.5 oz basil syrup (recipe below)
- 0.5 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 oz ginger beer
- Garnish: hibiscus soaked dehydrated lime wheel
BASIL SIMPLE SYRUP
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
Combine water, sugar, and basil leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let syrup steep, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before using.
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. In the meantime, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPs or bar games.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
Amplify your experience with these extracurricular activities!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable Zoom background.
Make a pregame temperance cocktail – A light, non-alcoholic refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.