You’re Making The
We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your J.P. Morgan Cocktail Experience on Thursday, March 25th at 1PM PT / 4PM ET by following the steps below. If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
PLEASE REFRIGERATE YOUR CITRUS! YOU’RE THE ZEST!
Step 1. MEET YOUR MIXOLOGIST
A creative force within the Wine & Spirits Industry, McDonnell is a Mixologist, Entrepreneur, Thought Leader, and Community Organizer. He conceived and operated Cantina, San Francisco, the pioneer cocktail saloon dedicated to Artisanal Spirits and California Cocktails. He also co-founded Campo de Encanto Pisco and is a Lecturer at the Culinary Institute of America. McDonnell holds a Master of Fine Arts in Writing and has studied wine with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- NAMED LEADER OF THE AMERICAN COCKTAIL REVOLUTION BY FOOD & WINE MAGAZINE
- TWICE NOMINATED AS BEST MIXOLOGIST OF THE YEAR AT TALES OF THE COCKTAIL
- AUTHOR OF DRINKING THE DEVILS ACRE
Step 2. PREPARE YOUR TOOLS
- Cocktail Shaker: Or you can use a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid
- Measurement Tools: A jigger, shot glass, or tablespoon (2 tbsps = 1 oz)
- Knife & Cutting Board: To cut your citrus
- Small Plate: For salted rim
- Hawthorn Strainer: Or you can use a fine-mesh strainer or colander
- 2 Glasses: We recommend 1 Rocks Glass and 1 Collins Glass for this cocktail, but feel free to use your favorite glassware
- Citrus Juicer: Optional
Cocktail Kits shipped to Alabama, ARKANSAS, Idaho, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, TENNESSEE, and Utah do not contain alcohol.
We recommend bringing tequila for your cocktail or use your spirit of choice!
Step 3. PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS
For guests receiving ingredient delivery in advance, your kit will be arriving from Cocktail Courier via FedEx. You must sign for your package and you may be asked for an ID to verify you’re over 21.
IN ADDITION TO THE INGREDIENTS IN YOUR KIT, All guests PLEASE PREPARE THESE INGREDIENTS:
- Ice: At least 4 cups
- Egg White: Highly recommended! We’ll use it for a fun cocktail variation
FOR GUESTS PROVIDING THEIR OWN INGREDIENTS, HERE IS THE FULL INGREDIENT LIST:
- 2 oz Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 0.25 oz Cucumber Syrup (recipe below)
- 0.25 oz Agave Syrup or simple syrup
- 1 Pinch Celery Salt
- Garnish: Black Pepper Tajin Salt Rim
*Soda water replaces the spirit in non-alcoholic boxes
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cucumber, washed and shredded (leave skin on)
Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally until the mixture becomes slightly syrupy. Remove from heat and stir in cucumber. Cover and set aside to steep for 30 minutes. Strain and serve.
Step 3. PREPARE YOUR PLATFORM
Please ENsure you have the correct VIDeO platform, SUCH AS ZOOM, downloaded for your event.
For a more interactive event, we encourage all guests to turn their video on during the experience.
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. In the meantime, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPs or bar games.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
Amplify your experience with these extracurricular activities!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable Zoom background.
Make a pregame cocktail – A light refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.
One last thing!
Kickstart your cocktail fun with the Avital: Cocktail Guide. Featuring recipes, history, trivia, glassware highlights, and more.