Let’s Get Shaking!
WELCOME TO YOUR
VIRTUAL MIXOLOGIST EXPERIENCE
We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Experience by following the steps below. If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
1. PREPARE YOUR SUPPLIES
- Cocktail Shaker – If you do not have a shaker, then a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid will work!
- Measurement Tools – A jigger or shot glass but you can also use a tablespoon (2 tablespoons = 1oz)
- Citrus Juicer – Optional
- 1 Plastic Ziploc Bag or Lewis Bag
- Muddler, mallet, rolling pin, hammer, or other heavy tool – Used to crush ice
- Your Favorite Glassware – This could be an elegant martini glass, a sturdy tumbler, or a mug from your grandma
2. PREPARE YOUR INGREDIENTS
If they haven’t already, your ingredients will arrive soon from Cocktail Courier. When they do, please refrigerate your lemons right away. In addition to the ingredients in your delivery, please also prepare:
- Ice – At least 2 cups per cocktail
- Egg White – Highly recommended! We’ll use it for a fun cocktail variation
For those who did not opt for ingredient delivery, here’s the list of ingredients to prep.
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- 0.5 oz blackberry syrup (recipe below)
- Garnish: dehydrated lemon wheel (optional)
Don’t drink alcohol? No problem. Swap out the liquor with ginger beer or tonic water (not included in the ingredient delivery).
2 cups blackberries
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
Combine 2 cups blackberries, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup water in a saucepan. Boil and mash berries. Let cool and put through a fine-mesh strainer. Let cool completely before using.
3. DOWNLOAD ZOOM
Please download the Zoom app on your desktop (not your phone). This will ensure a quality experience for you!
For a more interactive event, we encourage all guests to turn their video on during the experience.
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. In the meantime, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPs or bar games.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
Amplify your experience with these extracurricular activities!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable Zoom background.
Make a pregame cocktail – A light refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.
One last thing!
Kickstart your cocktail fun with the Avital Cocktail Guide. Featuring recipes, history, trivia, glassware highlights, and more.