Meet Our Mixologists
We work with award-winning mixologists across the country, including Beverage Directors, Cocktail Revolution Leaders, and International Competition Champions. Here’s a small sampling to give you a taste of our first-class partners.
One of San Francisco’s most well-known and well-loved bartenders. Suzu was born in the Bay Area but spent his early years in Tokyo. His Japanese heritage inspires his cocktails to tell a story. He has been the opening bar manager and creative cocktail force at many SF craft cocktail institutions and new hotspots – creating recipes for bars such as 15 Romolo, Tradition, Benjamin Cooper, Bon Voyage, and most recently, Elda.
- Finalist at Tales of the Cocktail FOR Most Imaginative Bartender
- Judge for Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards
- CREATIVE FORCE BEHIND SF CRAFT COCKTAIL SCENE
A creative force within the Wine & Spirits Industry, McDonnell is a Mixologist, Entrepreneur, Thought Leader, and Community Organizer. He conceived and operated Cantina, San Francisco, the pioneer cocktail saloon dedicated to Artisanal Spirits and California Cocktails. He also co-founded Campo de Encanto Pisco and is a Lecturer at the Culinary Institute of America. McDonnell holds a Master of Fine Arts in Writing and has studied wine with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Named Leader of the American Cocktail Revolution by Food & Wine Magazine
- Twice Nominated as Best Mixologist of the Year at Tales of the Cocktail
- Author of Drinking the Devils Acre
Jordie is a veteran within the Bay Area’s craft cocktail scene, where she has built a reputation for making perfectly balanced daiquiris. Jordie’s lifelong preoccupation with rum has largely been influenced by the years she spent growing up in Jamaica. Jordie has participated in several regional and national cocktail competitions throughout her career, but her proudest hallmarks have been placing top 8 in the national competition Speedrack, as well as developing Shaker & Spoon’s best selling cocktail of 2019.
- Finalist IN SPEEDRACK NATIONAL COMPETITION
- DEVELOPED SHAKER & SPOON’S BEST SELLING ’19 COCKTAIL
- craft beverage program consultant
Manuel De Avila
Manuel, a bartender’s bartender, started his career as one of the original members of James Beard Nominated Bestia. There he specialized in creating fun and interesting twists on the classic cocktail families. From there he went on to help open, lead, develop cocktails, and curate back bars for many different establishments such as Acabar, Petty Cash, Belcampo, Rose Cafe, Wabi in Venice, Felix, Michelin Star Chef April Broomfield’s Hearth & Hound, and a many more. He has mentored bartenders through global cocktail competitions, bringing home championship titles.
- original TEAM member of JAMES BEARD NOMINATED Bestia
- MENTOR TO global cocktail COMPETITORS
- CURATOR OF COUNTLESS BARS INCLUDING, rose cafe, felix, and Michelin-star Hearth & Hound
Nicole is a New York bartender and native Manhattanite. Drawing from her Latin and Asian backgrounds, paired with her personal, detail-oriented style, she creates original, cult-following cocktails that you won’t soon forget. Nicole has worked her way up from the trenches of NYC dives and clubs to the hottest craft cocktail bars in the nation. Competing in cocktail competitions around the globe, Nicole has taken home numerous champion titles and has been featured in high-profile industry publications.
- winner of national Pink Your Drink competition
- 1st Place in regional Dictador Rum competition
- Cinzano Prosecco Cocktail Competition Champion
A Georgia native, Matthew was first introduced to the world of wine and craft cocktails while working at Cakes & Ale and Iberian Pig. He now plays an integral part of AIX and Tin Tin’s Provencal-inspired beverage program as Beverage Director. Matthew showcases his cocktail artistry with a diverse range of French liqueurs, fortified wines, organic sodas, and flavored CBD sparkling waters. He also experiments with unusual ingredients, like onions, beets, and other vegetables.
- BEVERAGE DIRECTOR FOR AIX AND TIN TIN
- 2 Stars from atlanta magazine
- The Venue Report’s hottest new restaurant
Tristen Philippart de Foy
A career-long hospitality professional, Tristen has dedicated 22 years to working in bars and restaurants. In opening The Treasury and The Beehive, two of San Francisco’s most respected cocktail bars, Tristen has established himself as one of San Francisco’s most prominent operators. With a focus on restaurant-quality service in a cocktail bar environment, his bars boast some of the most talented bartenders in the industry.
- GM OF THE TREASURY AND THE BEEHIVE
- PLAYBOY’S 50 BEST BARS FINALIST
- THRILLIST’S “new crown jewel of the FiNANCIAL DISTRICT”
Originally from Puerto Rico, Luis moved to the US mainland in 2001, eventually making his way to San Francisco. He started engineering school and worked as a bar back at Absinthe and Foreign Cinema. He quickly discovered his passion for mixology and began working his way up in the industry. He always makes a point to say ‘my pleasure’ and that ethos has set the tone for his career with a continual pursuit to make customers happier. Luis has been involved in numerous competitions and has received national recognition.
- National Finalist 2018 Bacardi Legacy competition
- 2020 Denizen Rum Cocktail Series contributor
- 2016 Avua Cachaca National Finalist
- Bar Manager at The Treasury
Born in Ohio, Katie made her way to New York City to pursue a degree in flute performance from NYU. While attending school, she found herself looking for an additional creative outlet, that eventually led to her stepping behind a bar. With her dedication to pursuing the craft, Katie found herself quickly moving up in the industry. As a bartender at Dear Irving on Hudson, Katie is inspired by fierce female figures and strives to help create a more equal and inclusive industry. She’s a Level 2 Sommelier and the NYC Champion of the Proof Cocktail Competition.
- Winner OF PROOF Cocktail Competition
- WSET Level 2 Sommelier Certification
- Bartender at Tales of the Cocktail’s ’19 Best New Cocktail Bar, Dear Irving
Meaghan is a Brooklyn-based bartender and bar manager, currently directing some of New York City’s top establishments, including Raines Law Room and Dear Irving. As a founding member of the New York City chapter of LUPEC, Meaghan works to enhance and energize the community of local women in the spirits industry through charity work, education, and events. She’s presented and served on judging panels at countless competitions, like Tales of the Cocktail and Speed Rack. And she’s taken home numerous awards, like Imbibe’s Bartender of the Year.
- Imbibe Magazine’s Bartender of the Year
- Old Forester Old-Fashioned Faceoff People’s Choice
- International G’Vine Gin Connoisseur Program Best Technical Skills Winner
Mimi enjoys creating seasonally-fresh classic cocktails for discerning drinkers in New York City, from fine dining in North East Queens to Manhattan nightclubs. She’s an active member of the U.S. Bartenders Guild, is Master Certified in 16+ spirits, and was the featured Mixologist at the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival. Mimi has been integral in the opening of many notorious bar openings and has taken home countless awards. Her original cocktails have been featured in high-profile publications, including the New York Times and “New York Cocktails” by Amanda Schuster.
- Thrillist’s 14 Female Bartenders You Need to Know
- Tales of the Cocktail Presentor: “Letters to a Young Bartender” Seminar
- Lunazul Tequila: “Fly Me to the Moon” National Cocktail competition Grand Champion
- Campari Wild Turkey: “Behind the Barrel” Inaugural Alumuna
Dorothy studied chemical engineering at the University of Michigan. She is known for using modern laboratory techniques behind the bar. Dorothy was inducted into the 2017 Dame Hall of Fame for Tales of the Cocktail and a 2016 Eater Young Gun. She was also ranked one of the top 5 people to know in the NYC cocktail scene. She currently works for Mace in NYC and is a Dean for Applied Science for Portland Cocktail Week. Dorothy’s cocktails can be followed on her Instagram @sippingscience.
- EATER YOUNG GUN
- Tales of the Cocktail Dame Hall of Fame
- Dean for Applied Science for Portland Cocktail Week
A dedicated advocate for the spirits and hospitality industries, Dan is an experienced spirits curator, cocktail creator, and published author. After nearly 2 decades working behind the bar, Dan has lead menu concepts, developed training programs, and created over 250 original cocktails for exclusive bars in LA and NYC. He’s now shifted his path to focus on education and training. Traveling around the globe he visits the spiritual homes of some of the most iconic brands in the world, as well as mentoring bartenders in global competitions.
- BARTENDER AT The Tasting Kitchen, Cole’s historic Red Car Bar, & Big Bar in Los Feliz
- president of the L.A. chapter of the U.S. Bartenders Guild
- AUTHOR OF Big Bar Cocktails
Estelle Bossy was one of the team members at Del Posto awarded for Outstanding Service by the James Beard Awards. Estelle’s career has been deeply invested in fine dining where she oversaw the bar programs for two Michelin-starred restaurants simultaneously and appeared in the Relais & Châteaux recruitment video representing 569 properties and 22,000 staff members. Pete Wells described Estelle’s cocktails as “well-tuned” in his New York Times review. And she’s been published Food & Wine, Saveur Magazine, Tasting Table, Food52, GQ, InStyle, and more.
- awarded James Beard Outstanding Service Award
- oversaw two Michelin-starred restaurants’ bar programs simultaneously
- Published in the new york times & more
- TOP 4 FINALIST IN Bacardi legacy COMPETITION
- SEMI-FINALIST IN Gentleman Jack whiskey sour COMPETITION
- TOP 3 FINALIST IN Licor 43’s bartenders & baristas CHALLENGE
Meaghan began working behind the bar in ’07 at the Williamsburg institution, Relish, an experience that instilled in her a desire to pursue a career in hospitality. Since then, she’s been honing her craft in some of NY’s best bars, including Hotel Griffou, Cafe de La Esquina, Huckleberry Bar, and Extra Fancy. Meaghan was named “Star of the Bar” at the Chicago National Restaurant Association show and joined the opening team of Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich’s Michelin Star restaurant, La Sirena at the Maritime Hotel. She’s directed numerous beverage programs, including Dumbo House and Public Records, and she’s been published extensively in Bon Appetit, SuperCall, Huffington Post, and more.
- “Star of the Bar” at National Restaurant Association Show
- Opening bar manager for Cafe de la Esquina
- Opening bar manager at Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich’s Michelin Star restaurant La Sirena
- Competed in 4 seasons of Speed Rack
Jenn fell in love with bartending and spirits after she met her first master distiller. She became captivated by the art and mystery behind the spirit; she adores discovering the people, the culture, the land, and every detail behind each brand and category. Her famous line, “spirits are all of the human experience distilled down to sippable form,” encapsulates her passion for the industry. Jenn was a finalist in the 2019 San Francisco Gimlet Competition and a valuable team member of the Best Traditional Bloody Mary winner for the 2019 San Francisco Bloody Mary Festival.
- WINNER OF BEST TRADITIONAL BLOODY MARY IN SF BLOODY MARY FESTIVAL
- finalists in SF Gimlet Competition
- HEAD BARTENDER & CEO OF JMW SPIRITS
Sherz has worked at some of the most beautiful, polished bars in New York City, including Dear Irving and The Raines Law Room. She’s developed many of her own cocktail creations like The Owl’s Tail crowd favorite, “The Dracarys,” a spicy mezcal margarita variation. When she’s not behind the bar, Sherz has a whole other life as an actor and has performed at places like The Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center, and Off-Broadway, and on-screen in “The Detour,” “The First Wives Club,” “Three Trembling Cities,” and numerous commercials. Her craft cocktail knowledge paired with extensive acting experience makes Sherz not only a mixologist, but a captivating performer behind the bar. Keep in touch at @morethanonecher!
- BARTENDER AT Dear Irving, The Raines Law Room, & MORE
- CREATIVE COCKTAIL DEVELOPER
- EXPERIENCED ACTOR ON STAGE & ON SCREEN
Corey has managed and bartended at some of the country’s best, including Nopa Restaurant in San Francisco and Paladar 511 in New Orleans. He is now the founder and director of the Rubaiyat Spontaneous bar popup in San Francisco. Corey specializes in revitalizations and new interpretations of pre-prohibition drinks. He conjures up drinks with a minimalist, clean approach using savory and atypical ingredients. But despite that, he’s never met a tiki drink he didn’t fall in love with. He has a moderate obsession with mezcal, and the land where it is made, which is only eclipsed by his intense love of Chartreuse.
- founder & director of the Rubaiyat Spontaneous bar popup
- BARTENDED AT Nopa Restaurant and Paladar 511
- specializes in revitalizations of pre-prohibition drinks
Having accrued over 15 years of bartending experience at a variety of establishments up and down the west coast, Dannika is a diversely talented bartender and cocktail consultant (as well as a classically trained chef). She is no stranger to the bar competition circuit, winning the ’20 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Experience, the ’19 National Tiki Oasis Bartender’s Battle, a top 5 national finalist for the Mount Gay Rum “Less Waste, More Taste” sustainability competition, and many more. She’s passionate about cocktail recipe development and has been featured in Imbibe and beyond.
- winner of the 2020 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Experience
- Winner of the 2019 National Tiki Oasis Bartender’s Battle
- top 5 finalist for the Mount Gay Rum “Less Waste, More Taste” competition