Meet Our Chefs
We work with award-winning chefs across the country, including Michelin-Starred Chefs, Cookbook Authors, and James Beard Finalists. Here’s a small sampling to give you a taste of our first-class partners.
Growing up in New York, Jonah was drawn to food at a young age and began his career as a fourteen-year-old summer intern in the kitchen of the legendary restaurant, Chanterelle. Jonah attended NYU, majoring in Food Studies and Restaurant Management and continued to cook in places such as Gramercy Tavern and Savoy. While in college, he studied abroad in Madrid, living on the iconic Calle de las Huertas and eating up everything Spain had to offer. After three impactful years in the kitchen at Danny Meyer’s Maialino, ready to strike out on his own, he traveled back to Spain to put the finishing touches on his vision for Huertas.
- RECEIVED 2-STARS FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES
- named Forbes 30under30
- James Beard Semi-Finalist
- AUTHOR OF The New Spanish cookbook
Brooke began her culinary career in New York with tenures at Bar Boulud, WD~50, and a season of winemaking at Bedell Cellars. In 2011, she co-founded Prohibition Bakery, NYC’s first boozy bakery. She was named one of Zagat’s 30 Under 30 and went on to publish a cookbook based on her bakery. Brooke is also a Food Network ‘Chopped’ Champion and spent a year traveling around the world and cooking with grandmothers along the way. Since moving to Vancouver, Canada in 2017, she works as a recipe developer and food writer and has been published in EatingWell, Tasting Table, and Working Against Gravity.
- co-founded Prohibition Bakery, NYC’s first boozy bakery
- Zagat’s 30 Under 30
- Food Network ‘Chopped’ Champion
Mark Dommen is the chef/partner of One Market, holding a Michelin Star from 2018-2012. He’s a California native and has spent more than 20 years in the best kitchens. He began his career with Hubert Keller at Fleur De Ly and then went on to polish his skills with top chefs in New York. Mark describes his approach to cooking as “blending the freshest, seasonal ingredients from California, while using the classic French techniques I have honed from my previous experiences.”
- Earning One Star Michelin Guide
- Best New Restaurants FROM Esquire magazine
- 3.5 Stars FROM San Francisco Chronicle
- Top 100 Restaurants FROM San Francisco Chronicle
Eddie grew up helping his family in the kitchen at every opportunity. He’s now the director of tacos and co-founder of L.A.’s Chicas Tacos, named one of Jonathan Gold’s Best Mexican Restaurants. He’s also the culinary and beverage director for BLVD Companies where he oversees concepting, menu development, and operations for all internal and external ventures. Eddie’s been featured on Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown for his influence on the modern Mexican scene in Los Angeles.
- Jonathan Gold’s Los Angeles Times 101 Best List
- Zagat Los Angeles 30Under30
- James Beard Semi-Finalist Rising Star Chef of the Year
- Executive Chef and Co-Founder of three San Francisco restaurants: Maverick Restaurant, Hog & Rocks, & Hi Lo BBQ
- San Francisco Chronicle’s Top 100 restaurants
- San Francisco Magazine’s Best New Restaurant
Alejandro is the Executive Chef at El Techo de Lolinda, Flores, and Lolinda. At his restaurants, he and his staff offer Costa Rican favorites and popular choices from other Latin American countries – all with a modern flair, but deliciously authentic. He has cooked in Japan and Spain, including at the three-star Michelin Restaurant Akelarre in San Sebastian, Spain.
- Executive Chef at El Techo de Lolinda, Flores, and Lolinda
- cooked at three-star Michelin Restaurant
- Pan-Latin STYLE infused with Californian flare
In the not so olden days Sara worked as a senior editor at San Francisco magazine where she wrote a lot about heavy issues like sour Third Wave coffee and dining drunk. On top of publishing four cookbooks including Tacolicious, she’s contributed to magazines such as Sunset, Saveur and Bon Appetit. Sara’s best taco memory is eating an egg and tortilla on a wood-fired comal cooked up by Juanito’s mom in Tekit.
- OWNER OF FAMED RESTAURANT TACOLICIOUS
- AUTHOR OF TACOLICIOUS cookbook
- NATIONAL MAGAZINE CONTRIBUTOR
Born in Mexico City, Daniel learned to cook alongside his grandmother as a child, and continued his culinary training at numerous restaurants throughout Mexico City and Europe. In 2015, he represented Mexico at the Bocuse d’Or Latin America. He’s now the Executive Chef and Co-Owner at Copita in Sausalito. Daniel describes his cooking as contemporary Mexican, and adds his own twists to existing dishes as well as brings his own signature items to the mix, all the while hewing to the seasonality of the abundant local resources.
- winner of Mexico’s Bocuse d’Or
- HONORED WITH the Diplome de Honour Academi Culinarie du France
- first place in the Gastronomic Contest Cessa
John has worked in food and events since he was 15 years old. He’s been a galley cook, butcher, event manager, instructional chef, florist, event planner, and private chef, just to name a few. He’s now the Founder & Chief Visionary for award-winning Culinary Eye Catering and Events in San Francisco. With his wealth of knowledge and years of experience, John creates experiences and dishes unique to each event.
- Named Best Bay Area Wedding Catering
- one of the 5000 fastest-growing companies for the last 3 years by INc. 5000
- San Francisco certified green business
Freedom Rains has cooked some of San Francisco’s most notable restaurants, including Flour + Water, Incanto, and Belga. He’s now the Executive Chef at A Mano where he creates hand-made, traditional Italian dishes. Freedom draws from his superb education, travel through Italy, and his own passion for the country’s recipes and cooking. And he has learned from some of the country’s top chefs, including Chef Thomas McNaughton, who taught Freedom the methods of whole-animal butchering, and Chef Chris Cosentino, where Freedom practiced the philosophy of offal cooking, or using every part of the animal.
- Executive Chef at a Mano
- San Francisco Chronicle’s Top 100 restaurants
- CHEF AT highly acclaimed, FLOUR + WATER
- Chef and owner of Popina
- Author of The Magic of Tinned Fish
- Chef at Union Square Hospitality Groups’ Maialino and Marta
Chef Trish has been leading the kitchens of top venues like Momo, Thirsty Bear Brewing Company, Bistrot Roti and Ramblas, for over a decade. She began cooking at home with her large, close-knit family in New Jersey as the youngest of six. While still a teenager, she discovered a deep love for food and for helping to create a shared, family experience around the dinner table. Those early experiences inspire her today and shape what she creates for guests at Myriad. After working in restaurant kitchens while in high school, she moved on to formal culinary training at Johnson and Wales University. Her tendency to nurture is something Tracey channels masterfully at Myriad, her San Francisco’s restaurant, with its menu of globally inspired comfort food dishes. Each dish is bound to remind you of a place that made you feel at home!
- Chef & Owner of Myriad Gastro Pub
- 7×7’s up-and-coming female chef
- globally inspired comfort food with California twist