Avital: Job Openings
Want to Join Our Team?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The best part-time foodie job in town!
What Avital Guides have to say about the job:
“I love the moment when a guest’s eyes light up with delight! It is such a good feeling to introduce people to a new flavor or experience.”
“By setting aside a few hours to share a meal with other people, there is a unique opportunity for deeper connection. As a culinary guide, I get to tell the stories of neighborhoods and their unforgettable restaurants. But maybe the greater privilege I have is challenging guests to share their own stories.”
“As an Avital guide, I get to listen and create intentional space for people to feel seen and heard and valued for a few hours in a day. That’s why I love being a guide. Because it’s an active opportunity to love and serve people. And we get to eat tons of yummy food along the way!”
“I love the flexibility this job gives me. I can do my regular full time job and have this as a fun side gig!”
“Getting to know the restaurateurs in the neighborhood has been a great experience – it expedites you into becoming a regular local!”
Our Avital company core values:
Build Awesome Experiences
Our Avital Mission: To deepen human connections through interactive food and drink experiences.
Pay and perks:
- $20/hr base rate + tips
- Tips on top! (average total base+tips =$35-50/hour)
- Employee, not contractor
- You set your available hours
- Foodie team outings
- Dining points to fuel your foodie habits
- Women-owned business, inclusive team atmosphere
- 11 years in business
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- Passion for people, storytelling, and food + drink
- Reliable and on-time
- Comfortable with technology, including smartphone with mobile apps
- Ability to stand for 4 hours, walk approximately 2 miles, and navigate hills
- Organized, ability to manage a flexible/irregular schedule
- Positive team-player
- Minimum availability of 3 days per week, including some evenings/weekends, especially in December during the busy holiday event season (Dec 1-20)
- 2+ years of prior work experience is a plus!
- Knowledge of SF restaurant scene is a plus!
Does this sound like you? We’d love to meet you!
Submit your application here: https://forms.gle/hrtfyuxpKRfbBr517 (15-20 minutes)
Includes short video introducing your quirky storytelling skills 😉
Successful applicants will be invited to progress through the following stages:
Initial interview (~20min)
Second interview (~1.5 hours)
Paid Training (~20-25 hours, over a 2-6 week period)
Applications will be processed upon receipt and open positions filled on a rolling basis until full.
Application Here: https://forms.gle/hrtfyuxpKRfbBr517
ABOUT AVITAL TOURS
Avital Tours is a fun, quirky, woman-owned business started in San Francisco in 2011. Our core values are to Create Community, Breathe Curiosity, Communicate Compassion, Embrace Quirky, Seize Ownership, and Build Awesome Experiences. Our Mission is to deepen human connections through storytelling and food.
We build awesome culinary-focused experiences in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City, and are growing to include more cities in coming years. Our core experience is what we call a “progressive meal” – our quirky culinary guides take guests on a journey through a neighborhood, exploring its people and flavors through 4 different restaurants, with a seated prix fixe course at each. Our guests include corporate team building groups as well as private parties, locals, and culinary travelers.