You’re Making The
Avital: BYO Sour
Let’s Prepare For Your Virtual Mixologist Experience
Welcome! We’re so excited to host you! Please prepare for your Avital: BYO Sour Experience by following the steps below. If you have any questions along the way, just ask!
Step 1. Prepare Your Tools
- Cocktail Shaker: Or you can use a wide mouth jar or water bottle with a sealed lid
- Measurement Tools: A jigger, shot glass, or tablespoon (2 tbsps = 1 oz)
- Knife & Cutting Board: To cut your citrus
- 2 Glasses: We recommend 2 Rocks Glasses for this cocktail, but feel free to use your favorite glassware
- Julep Strainer (Optional): Or you can use a fine-mesh strainer or colander
- Citrus Juicer (Optional)
Step 2. Prepare Your Ingredients
During the experience, we’ll focus on flavor balance and mixology skills using the simple ingredients you provide. You only need to bring one item from each category below and your mixologist will teach you how to transform them into an absolutely delicious drink!
- CHOOSE 1 SPIRIT: Vodka, Gin, Tequila, Mezcal, Whiskey, or Rum
- CHOOSE 1 CITRUS: Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, or Grapefruit Juice
- You’ll need 1 oz of juice per drink, which is about 1 whole juiced lemon
- CHOOSE 1 SWEETENER: Simple Syrup, Agave, Sugar, Honey, or Maple Syrup
- ICE: At least 2 cups per cocktail
- EGG WHITE: Highly recommended! We’ll use it for a fun cocktail variation
- Bitters: Peychauds, Angostura, and more
- Carbonated Beverage: If you don’t want to drink alcohol, tonic water, soda water, or ginger beer work well here
- Garnish: Orange, herbs, edible flower, tiki umbrella!
Step 3. Prepare Your Platform
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT VIDEO PLATFORM, SUCH AS ZOOM, DOWNLOADED FOR YOUR EVENT.
For a more interactive event, we encourage all guests to turn their video on during the experience.
YOU’RE ALL SET!
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE WE’LL SEND THE EVENT LINK TO YOUR INBOX. IN THE MEANTIME, CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE TIPS OR BAR GAMES.
(Yeah, we’d choose the bar games too.)
Prepare your space – Make sure you have a strong internet connection with little background noise if possible
Mute yourself when not speaking – This will eliminate background noise (like cocktail shaking!) that makes it difficult for others to hear the speaker.
Be sure to come prepared – Come with ingredients and supplies ready! Set yourself up in the kitchen where you have ample counter space and access to a sink.
Please come 10 minutes early – This way we can get to know each other and start right on time!
AMPLIFY YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THESE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES!
Head to the bar! – Transport yourself to Bar Avital with this downloadable Zoom background.
Make a pregame cocktail – A light refreshment to get the juices flowing before your virtual experience.