Join us on our NYC East Village Food Tour as we explore one of New York City's hottest restaurant and craft cocktail scenes - known for its role as the birthplace of punk and artist hangouts. Hear the stories of restaurant owners and chefs as you enjoy our 4-course progressive meal. Taste a bite of Little Ukraine, and other ethnic cuisines from immigrants who have made the East Village one of the most diverse eating grounds in NYC. Let’s eat and drink through this cultural neighborhood!
3 hours 4 courses $89+ per person
Your Culinary Experience
Our 4-course progressive meal visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Our East Village Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, our goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. We strive to shift your perspective of a bowl of noodles through its story of the person who made it and its influence on the East Village. And yes, handmade noodles aren’t cheap!
Our value is:
- Our fun and knowledgeable guides
- Curation of the experience, high quality restaurants and tasting choice
- Stories of the restaurant owners, chefs and neighborhood
- Facilitating interactions with the community
- Seamless logistics (tables are reserved, guests are seated and food arrives quickly)
Since we can only include 4-courses on each experience and we partner with more than 4 awesome restaurants in the East Village, our 4 courses vary based on the date and time of the experience you choose.
To experience all of our restaurants, come back again and again to taste the deliciousness and hear stories from all of our partners.
- Meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts and chat with them – hear their historical stories!
- Tours Available:
- Saturday: 11am-2pm and 3pm-6pm
- Sundays: 3pm-6pm
- Flat route walking, approximately 1 mile
- Our start location varies but is always within a 3-block walk from Tompkins Square Park in the East Village and (Located on the 4,5,6 line or M line).
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- This is a social dining experience. We feel the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around tables sharing food and stories with others. Therefore, we have a 4-person minimum and a 12-person maximum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date, or offer a refund.
- Don’t see the date or time you want? Want to upgrade to a private tour? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Advance Tickets are required
Possible Tastings* (Each tour includes 4 tastings!)
Savory steamed arugula and goat cheese Pierogi at historic Ukrainian restaurant known as a locals institution
Handmade Penne breakfast pasta with egg, pancetta, and kale at well-loved modern Italian restaurant
Unique Sichuan dry pot and thousand year old eggs from young Chinese chef who is making waves in the east village as a Michelin Bib Gourmand Favorite
Enjoy duck croquette and Gilda pintxos at trendy basque restaurant from Chef Jonah Miller featured “Generation Chef” in the book about his journey
Mouthwatering Vegan Pizza from acclaimed Chef Matthew Kenney who is reshaping the future of food and delivering a unique artistic food experience
Lobster Knuckles escargot-style (trust us, its delicious!) and Fluke Crudo with Carrot Puree and black sesame at local oysterbar East Village favorite
Delicious Steamed Pork Belly Buns from acclaimed Momofuku Chef David Chang who reinvigorated the East Village culinary scene
Selection of Italian pastry cannoli and napoleons at historic stained-glass frescoed Italian Bakery
2 Drink Alcohol Pairing Upgrade [$20 per person]
Celebrate with a glass of bubbly champagne paired with bright seafood at Mermaid Inn – an East Village favorite
Unique refrescos featuring housemade vermouth at innovative bar program from Basque Restaurant
Brunch mimosas paired with Vegan Pizza – take it up a knotch!
Locally brewed Toast Ale made from recycled bread to tone down the Sichuan cuisine heat
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, spicy food and pork.
East Village Food Tour Restaurant Partners
Why Avital Tours?
Wondering what makes the Avital NYC East Village Food Tour different from all other tours? Check out our About Us page for the answer!