MICHELIN FOOD TOUR
3 hours 3 courses 1.5 miles$150 per person
Hey, LA, we’re taking you on a different kind of Star Tour. Looking for a unique culinary experience and an unforgettable way to spend the day? Visit a curated selection of Los Angeles’s top restaurants including Michelin Star and Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurants on an exclusive progressive culinary experience in Downtown Los Angeles. Your menu will be curated for you and pay homage to this year’s Michelin winners and Los Angeles’s top chefs. You’ll visit 3 restaurants over the course of the experience from appetizer to entree to dessert, with surprises and delights along the way. Cheers!
or view our calendar to see when tours are offered
* This experience is part of the Discover LA Exclusives Program. “Discover L.A. Exclusives” is a new program from Los Angeles Tourism, created to bring a specially-curated collection of only-in-L.A. experiences from select businesses to locals and visitors. The custom experiences are created in partnership with Los Angeles Tourism and its members and available only through Discover L.A. Exclusives.
How it Works
Your Progressive Culinary Experience
Our 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits restaurants in DTLA that are Bib Gourmand winners and have been awarded Michelin Stars – with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Our tour focuses on quality over quantity. We will sample 4 dishes, one from each restaurant. This culinary experience will visit Michelin Starred restaurants and Bib Gourmands such as Badmaash, Preux and Proper, Orsa and Winston and more.
POSSIBLE TASTINGS* (EACH TOUR INCLUDES 3 TASTINGS!)
Try the “Bear and the Winston” with yuzu kosho kick sauce at a newly starred Michelin restaurant. (Orsa & Winston)
Taste traditional potato & sweet pea samosas from an Indian restaurant that’s anything but traditional (Badmaash)
Savor pumpkin ‘shira-ae’ whipped tofu at new Michelin one star Japanese restaurant (Shibumi)
Have your heart set on a particular tasting?
Call us at (213) 394-0901 to find out which restaurants will be featured.
3 DRINK ALCOHOL PAIRING UPGRADE [$50 PER PERSON]
Our alcohol pairings are curated as carefully as our menu. Each pairing is a tasting size and front loaded at the first three stops so you’ll be able to drive home after your tour.
Sip on a Strawberry Blonde with Rosé, Pink Vermouth, and Strawberry Infused Absolut Elyx.
Get bubbly with a glass of sparking wine.
Turn up the “beet” with a beet cocktail with tequila ocho, beet syrup, serrano, and thai basil.
PSST…Looking for a private tour?
Our private food tours in Los Angeles are perfect for corporate team building, entertaining clients, family reunions, alumni groups, mothers clubs, birthday parties, bachelorette parties, and bachelor parties. Or just get some friends together and organize a private tour!
We are a small boutique company, so tours often sell out. To get your preferred tour time, we recommend purchasing tickets 1 to 2 weeks in advance.
- Hear the stories of chefs, restaurant owners, and industry experts!
- Tours Available:
- Sunday June 16th from 11:30 am-2:30 pm
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $50 per person for 3 tasting drinks
- Flat route, approximately 1 1/2 miles
- Tour begins in Downtown Los Angeles in front of the Eastern Columbia building.
- This is a social dining experience. We feel the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around tables sharing food and stories with others. Therefore, we have a 4-person minimum and a 20-person maximum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date, or offer a refund.
- Want to upgrade to a private tour? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your date and time of choosing.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Parking: We understand that parking may be difficult in Downtown, so if you’re coming from the Westside (Santa Monica, Culver City, etc.), we highly recommend taking the Expo line metro. Otherwise, there are multiple recommended parking garages near to the start location in DTLA ranging from $5-$20 per day.
- Advance Tickets are required
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, spicy food and pork.