3 hours 4 courses $50+ per person
3 hours 4 courses $50+ per person
Your Taco Tour
Our 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 taquerias – with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Our Downtown Los Angeles Taco Tour focuses on quality over quantity. We will sample 4 tacos, one from each taqueria, and strive to shift your perspective on what is a taco.
Our value is:
- Our fun and knowledgeable guides
- Curation of the experience through high quality restaurants and dishes
- Stories of the restaurant owners, chefs and neighborhood
- Facilitating interactions with the community
- Seamless logistics (tables are reserved, guests are seated and food arrives quickly)
We are a small boutique company, so tours often sell out. To get your preferred tour time, we recommend purchasing tickets 1 to 2 weeks in advance.
- Hear the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts!
- Tours Available:
- Saturday May 5th from 3pm-6pm
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $16 per person for 2 tasting drinks
- Flat route, approximately 1 1/2 miles
- Tour begins in Downtown Los Angeles. Click here to see your meeting location.
- This is a social dining experience. We feel the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around tables sharing food and stories with others. Therefore, we have a 4-person minimum and a 20-person maximum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date, or offer a refund.
- Want to upgrade to a private tour? Email email@example.com to request your date and time of choosing.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Parking: We understand that parking may be difficult in Downtown, so if you’re coming from the Westside (Santa Monica, Culver City, etc.), we highly recommend taking the Expo line metro. Otherwise, there are multiple recommended parking garages near to the start location in DTLA ranging from $5-$20 per day.
- Advance Tickets are required
Possible Tastings (Each tour features 4 tastings!)
Chef Avner Lavi’s delicious seasonal pasta such as beet infused bucatini pasta with goat cheese at hidden gem pasta pop up
Braised taco tasting of chicken mole poblano and steak picado tacos at authentic yet trendy Mexican restaurant named to Jonathan Gold’s Top 100 LA Restaurant list
Taste Cauliflower Chorizo taco at up-and-coming taco hotspot – eat in an airstream!
Enjoy authentic Sonora hometown style tacos at hidden DTLA gem
Chef Ray Garcia’s garlic and mushroom tacos at Broken Spanish’s sister restaurant
2 Drink Alcohol Pairing Upgrade [$16 per person]
Delicious housemade margarita paired with garlic and mushroom taco
Classic Mexican beer to pair with delicious tacos
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, and pork.
Why Avital Tours?
We live and breathe our core values and hope you do too: