Our Koreatown Food Tour visits the most densely populated and ethnically diverse neighborhood in all of Los Angeles which in the past few year has seen an explosion of innovative and trendy restaurants. Stroll through the historic Korean neighborhood learning while hearing the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts who have made Ktown their home including the influence of Roy Choi's innovative Korean-American cuisine. Our progressive meal in Los Angeles' Koreatown concludes with mouthwatering desserts. This is not a typical Koreatown Food Tour - its a culinary experience!
3 hours 4 courses $79+ each
3 hours 4 courses $79+ each
Your Progressive Meal
Our 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Our Los Angeles Koreatown Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, our goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. We strive to shift your perspective of Korean cuisine through its story of the person who made it. So no, we don’t serve your average Korean cuisine!
Our value is:
- Our fun and knowledgeable guides
- Curation of the experience through high quality restaurants and dishes
- Dtories of the restaurant owners, chefs and neighborhood
- Facilitating interactions with the community
- Seamless logistics (tables are reserved, guests are seated and food arrives quickly)
Sample a true representation of the Hispanic meets Korean neighborhood with a kimchi and chorizo fried rice at a Colombian-Korean fusion restaurant and art gallery for local K-Town artists
Savor Korean Fried Chicken at popular historic mad-men-esque era restaurant decked with red leather couches and ornate decor
Unique acorn noodles at one of Jonathan Gold’s Los Angeles Top 100 restaurants
Beat the summer heat with some refreshing mul naengmyeon, a sweet, sour, savory cold soup that boasts a bounty of buckwheat noodles, asian pear, cucumber, radishes, green onion, and boiled egg in a cool pool of homemade chicken stock
Sample smoky, sweet bulgogi (marinated beef) Korean BBQ with traditional “banchan” or “side dishes” which include pickled radishes, kimchi, candied lotus root, and marinated mung bean sprouts at one of Jonathan Gold’s (LA’s food critic) favorite Korean BBQ spots
Bite into an adorable and instagram-worthy macaron ice cream sandwich – choose your own filling and almond cookies!
- Hear the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts!
- Private Tours Available for groups of 6 or more lunchtime, afternoons and dinnertime. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your date, time and headcount, and we will happily curate a private experience for your group.
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $16 per person for 2 tasting drinks
- Flat route, approximately 1 1/2 miles
- Begins in Koreatown (15 minutes from Downtown Los Angeles)
- Advance Tickets are required
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, and pork.