Urban Wine Tour
Located at the crossroads between Chinatown and Downtown, San Francisco’s North Beach and Jackson Square District is the home of the former Barbary Coast, known during the Gold Rush for its wine drinking, saloons and shanghaiing dens. Go behind-the-scenes on our San Francisco Food and Wine tour to join us as we explore its great restaurant scene and visit the Hidden Prohibition-Era Tunnels where booze was smuggled in. Then, get an exclusive peek at the Oldest Pizza Oven on the West Coast built in 1935, which inspired Wolfgang Puck and Alice Waters. Let’s eat and drink wine through this notorious neighborhood!
- 3-hour San Francisco Food and Wine walking tour
- Meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts and chat with them!
- 5 restaurants, with tastings at each
- Flat route, approximately a mile
- Begins at the corner of Hotaling and Jackson (10 minutes from downtown San Francisco)
- $86 per person
(gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide)
- Tour guests must be 21+
- Available Second and Fourth Saturdays 4pm-7pm
- Wine and Cheese pairing at trendy wine bar pouring wine directly from barrels. Drink as if you’re in Napa!
- Authentic Wood-fired Pizza from the oldest pizza oven on the West Coast – Voted No. 3 Best Pizza in the US according to People Magazine’s Pizza Search. Pizza paired with a glass of private-label Syrah
- Contemporary Basque bocadillos and pinxos with wine pairing in trendy restaurant credited with the discovery of Barbara Streisand
- Sweet and Savory artisan caramel tasting at neighborhood gourmet food boutique
- Fill your own delicate cannoli with an Italian expert cannoli maker at a historic Italian bookshop turned cafe
* All tastings are subject to change based on availability.