Food & Wine Tour
San Francisco’s North Beach is the home of the former Barbary Coast, known during the Gold Rush for its saloons, brothels and shanghaiing dens. Go behind-the-scenes in Little Italy on our North Beach Food and Wine tour to join us as we explore its great restaurant scene and visit the Hidden Prohibition-Era Tunnels where booze was smuggled in. Then, get an exclusive peek at the Oldest Pizza Oven on the West Coast built in 1935, which was copied by Wolfgang Puck at Spago and Alice Waters at Chez Panisse. Let’s eat and drink through this notorious neighborhood!
- 3-hour San Francisco North Beach Food and Wine walking tour
- Meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts and chat with them!
- 5 restaurants, with tastings at each
- Flat route, approximately 3/4 of a mile
- Meeting location is a 10 minute walk from Downtown San Francisco
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- $86 per person
(gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide)
- Tour guests must be 21+
- Available Thursdays 4pm-7pm and Saturdays 4pm-7pm
- Advance Tickets are required
Watch an Italian expert cannoli maker fill your delicate cannoli at a historic Italian bookshop turned cafe
Wine and Cheese pairing at trendy wine bar pouring wine directly from barrels. Drink as if you’re in Napa!
Authentic Italian Wood-fired Pizza from the oldest pizza oven on the West Coast – Voted No. 3 Best Pizza in the US according to People Magazine’s Pizza Search. Pizza paired with a glass of private-label Syrah
Contemporary Kale Chips and Bolivian Beef in former Amelio’s, a historic North Beach restaurant and speakeasy which hosted Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe’s wedding dinner
Sweet and Savory local artisan agave caramel and caramel popcorn at neighborhood gourmet food boutique
* Stops and tastings are subject to change based on availability. We can accommodate most dietary restrictions with advance notice. Vegetarian option available.