Come explore the Tenderloin and Tendernob - San Francisco's newest and hottest culinary scene. Drawn by inexpensive rents, some of San Francisco's most innovative chefs and restauranteurs have been honing their craft in this up-and-coming neighborhood. Set the trend, be in the know, go behind-the-scenes, and impress your friends with your local knowledge by eating your way through the neighborhood on this Tenderloin Food Tour. Don't worry, it's not scary, its edgy and delicious! Trust us on this one, as you've trusted us for the past 8 years...
3 hours 4 courses $84+ per person
3 hours 4 courses $84+ per person
Your Progressive Culinary Experience
Our 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Our Tenderloin Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, our goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. We strive to shift your perspective of a piece of cheese through its story of the person who made it and even a unique alcohol pairing. And yes, that cheese is not your average grocery store cheese; it can cost well over $30 per pound!
Our value is:
- Our fun and knowledgeable guides
- Curation of the experience, relationships with high quality restaurants, and dish choice. We eat all of the bad food so you don’t have too – sigh, hard job 😉
- Stories of the restaurant owners, chefs and neighborhood
- Facilitating interactions with the community
- Seamless logistics (tables are reserved, guests are seated and food arrives quickly)
Since we can only include 4-courses on each experience and we partner with more than 4 awesome restaurants in the Tenderloin, our 4 courses vary based on the date and time of the experience you choose.
To experience all of our restaurants, come back again and again to taste the deliciousness and hear stories from all of our partners.
- Hear the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts!
- Tours Available:
- Fridays: 11am-2pm (coming soon)
- Saturdays: 3pm-6pm (coming soon)
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $16 per person for 2 tasting drinks
- Flat route, approximately 1 1/2 miles
- Our start location varies but is always within a few blocks from Union Square and a 5-7 block walk from the Civic Center BART Station (right in Downtown San Francisco). Click here to find your upcoming meeting location
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- This is a social dining experience. One of our core values at Avital is Create Community, so we feel the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around tables sharing food and stories with others. Therefore, we have a 4-person minimum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to help you reschedule onto another time or date with other guests, or offer a refund.
- Don’t see the date or time you want? Have a group of 8 or more and want to upgrade to a private tour? Email email@example.com.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Advance Tickets are required
Possible Tastings* (Each Tour includes 4 tastings!)
Sample a steamed bao at one of San Francisco’s most popular food trucks newest brick and mortar location
Hawaiian cuisine is on the rise and at this underground restaurant in a restaurant, Chef/Owner Ravi Kapur will wow you with his bone marrow butter waffle
San Francisco’s best Pho (a Vietnamese broth-based noodle soup) at multi-generation family owned Norther Vietnamese restaurant
Eat a Savory Beignet at local neighborhood institution serving up delicious Southern cuisine
Iconic and cult favorite flaky and stuffed cruffin – skip the inevitable line with Avital Tours!
San Francisco’s best bread pudding and chocolate caramels at local hidden gem
Lick scoops of Popcorn Infused Ice Cream with Swirls of Dulce De Leche and Crushed Peanut Brittle or Root beer float ice cream from tiny innovative flavor ice cream shop
Have your heart set on a particular tasting? Call us at (415) 355-4044 to find out which restaurants will be featured.
2 Drink Alcohol Pairing Upgrade [$16 per person]
Seasonal cocktail paired with Hawaiian dish from one of the best craft cocktail bartender’s in San Francisco
A refreshing white glass of wine paired with the savory beignet!
Ready to book?
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, spicy food and pork.
Tenderloin Food Tour Restaurant Partners
Why Avital Tours?
Wondering what makes the Avital Tenderloin Food Tour different from all other tours? Check out our About Us page for the answer!
We live and breathe by our Core Values:
Build AWESOME Experiences