Los Angeles’ famous Venice neighborhood is most well-known for its artistic and bohemian counterculture vibe and in the past few years has seen an explosion of innovative and creative restaurants. Begin your Venice Beach food tour on the beach and head to up-and-coming Rose Avenue restaurants all while hearing the stories of chefs and restaurant owners and their ties to the community. Our progressive meal in concludes with mouthwatering desserts on Abbot Kinney Boulevard. This is the locals Venice!
3 hours 4 courses $89 per person
3 hours 4 courses $89 per person
Your Progressive Meal
Our 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Our Venice Beach Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, our goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. We strive to shift your perspective of a donut through its story of the person who made it and even a unique glaze. And no, we don’t serve your average donut!
Our value is:
- our fun and knowledgeable guides
- curation of the experience through high quality restaurants and dishes
- stories of the restaurant owners, chefs and neighborhood
- facilitating interactions with the community
- seamless logistics (tables are reserved, guests are seated and food arrives quickly)
To experience all of our restaurants, come back again and again to taste the deliciousness and hear stories from all of our partners.
We are a small boutique company, so tours often sell out. To get your preferred tour time, we recommend purchasing tickets 1 to 2 weeks in advance.
- Hear the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts
- Tours Available:
- Friday: 2pm-5pm
- Saturdays: 2pm-5pm
- Sundays: 2pm-5pm
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $16 per person for 2 tasting drinks
- Flat route, approximately 1 1/2 miles
- Begins with a welcome drink at local hangout Venice Ale House on the Venice Boardwalk
- This is a social dining experience. We feel the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around tables sharing food and stories with others. Therefore, we have a 4-person minimum and a 12-person maximum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date to join other guests, or offer a refund.
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- Want to upgrade to a private tour? Email email@example.com to request your date and time of choosing.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Parking: We understand that parking may be difficult at the beach, so we’ve partnered with Luxe to offer you complimentary valet parking* or there are multiple recommended parking garages near to the start location in Venice ranging from $5-$20 per day. You will receive a list in your confirmation email. We also recommend taking the metro (i.e. the Expo line from DTLA to Santa Monica to avoid parking and traffic). Please let us know how we can help your transportation experience.
- Advance Tickets are required
* For first time Luxe users only.
Possible Tastings** (Each tour features 4 tastings!)
Sample a divine lasagna at Matthew Kenny’s Vegan restaurant – an homage to the healthy eating of the neighborhood in a hidden relaxing back garden
Decadent Lobster Roll with black truffles at seaside seafood house considered one of LA’s best under-the-radar restaurants
Eat a slice of wild mushroom pizza and a slice of bottarga jalapeno pizza at Abbot Kinney’s most popular restaurant from local-venice resident chef Travis Lett
Go behind-the-scenes in a donut-making kitchen to see a demo and learn about Los Angeles’ donut obsession, while tasting their LA exclusive flavor, the strawberry mojito old fashioned hot and freshly made from the fryer – the best donut you’ll have!
A Taste of the Rainbow with a scoop of lucky charms ice cream at innovative ice cream maker. Skip the inevitable line with Avital Tours!
Bonus: Learn about urban farming at Cook’s Garden while hearing about the famous chefs and restaurants they’re growing vegetables for.
2 Drink Alcohol Pairing Upgrade [$16 per person]
A refreshing taste of sparkling cava paired with gnocco fritto
A high acid glass of biodynamic white wine, a taste of Gruner Veltliner
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, and pork.
Why Avital Tours?
We live and breathe our core values and hope you do too: