Our Los Angeles Downtown Food Tour showcases the innovation and trendy restaurants of the Los Angeles culinary world. Stroll through the historic core neighborhood learning about its fascinating history and incredibly captivating architecture, while going behind-the-scenes to meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts. Our 4-course progressive meal in Los Angeles' Downtown concludes with mouthwatering desserts near the Bradbury Building.
3 hours 4 courses $79 per person
3 hours 4 courses $79 per person
Your Progressive Meal
Our 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Since we can only include 4-courses on each experience and we partner with more than 4 awesome restaurants in Downtown LA, our 4 courses vary based on the date and time of the experience you choose.
To experience all of our restaurants, come back again and again to taste the deliciousness and hear stories from all of our partners.
Have your heart set on a particular tasting? Call us at (213)-394-0901 to find out which restaurants will be featured.
- Hear the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts!
- Tours Available:
- Thursdays: 2pm-5pm
- Fridays: 10am-1pm
- Saturdays: 2pm-5pm
- Sundays: 10am-1pm
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $16 per person for 2 tasting drinks
- Flat route, approximately 1 1/2 miles
- Begins with a welcome drink to meet and greet guests in Downtown Los Angeles Historic Core
- This is a social dining experience. We feel the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around tables sharing food and stories with others. Therefore, we have a 4-person minimum and a 12-person maximum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date, or offer a refund.
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- Want to upgrade to a private tour? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your date and time of choosing.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Parking: We understand that parking may be difficult in Downtown, so we’ve partnered with Luxe to offer you complimentary valet parking.* If you’re coming from the Westside (Santa Monica, Culver City, etc.), we highly recommend taking the Expo line metro. Otherwise, there are multiple recommended parking garages near to the start location in DTLA ranging from $5-$20 per day. You will receive a list in your confirmation email. Please let us know how we can help your transportation experience.
- Advance Tickets are required
* For first time Luxe users only.
Possible Tastings (Each tour features 4 tastings!)
Savory Kibe and Pastel Portuguese croquettes at rustic Brazilian home cooked restaurant from chef Natalia – this is the authentic soul of Los Angeles
Learn about filipino rice nuances and taste a rice bowl of Bisteg Tagalog from DTLA hidden gem
Savor trendy and delicious avocado toast from “culinary mayor” Chef Joseph Centeno’s newest restaurants
Chef Avner Lavi’s delicious seasonal pasta such as beet infused bucatini pasta with goat cheese at hidden gem pasta pop up
Braised taco flight of chicken mole poblano, steak picado and calabacitas tacos at authentic yet trendy Mexican restaurant
Cauliflower Chorizo taco at up-and-coming taco hotspot
Enjoy Momma’s home cooking with a delicious bowl of pozole soup at one of Jonathan Gold’s top 101 Los Angeles restaurants
Delve into one of Los Angeles’ most famous sandwiches, the French Dip, at its home of origin and hear the real story of its rivalry and Ramon’s family’s bread recipe
Go behind-the-scenes into the kitchen at an environmentally friendly creamery where all ice cream is churned by bicycle and enjoy a choice of two rotating seasonal flavors with waffle cone wedge
2 Drink Alcohol Pairing Upgrade [$16 per person]
Delicious cinnamon infused red wine sangria paired with Brazilian bites that will blow your mind
A glass of Sauvignon Blanc paired with delicious pozole
Classic Mexican beer to pair with delicious tacos
A glass of Folk Tree sparking wine paired with avocado toast
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, and pork.
Why Avital Tours?
We live and breathe our core values and hope you do too: